No update of repo description today?

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Fri Dec 2 20:03:29 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 13:19 -0300, Horst von Brand wrote:
>
>> I see a lot of updates, but yum doesn't get them, claiming there are no
>> news. Perhaps the updating of the repodata is screwed up?
>>

> If you're using frequently-changing repositories you will want to set
> your metadata_expire time to something fairly low for those repos.
>
> -sv

I kept getting "Reading repository metadata in from local files
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion"

so I tried a yum clean  all.  Now I get:

Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: development
Cannot find repomd.xml file for development
Error: Cannot find repomd.xml file for development

This doesn't look right to me

    Scott