Almost sure there is a problem with Creative Audigy and x86_64

Klaasjan Brand fedora at kjb.dds.nl
Thu Dec 8 13:09:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 11:28 +0000, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The machine I'm currently on (at work) has an Audigy SB card installed
> (as does the box at home). Both machines use the same processor (Sempron
> 3000+) and mobo (Gigabyte K8NS Pro) and both have FC5t1 on.

Did you run FC4 on that machine too? Dit that work?

> s-c-soundcard picks up that there is an onboard sound device (nVidia
> based) and the Audigy card. However, I can get no sound what-so-ever out
> of the Audigy card irrespective of if I have the Analog/Digital output
> jack ticked or unticked, the best I can get is a hiss.
>
> Sound is fine from the nVidia card.

Seems like the nvidia card is the primary card then. Applications play
sounds only through one card at a time. Did you try changing the audio
device in the application?

Since the nforce sounds worse than the audigy I disabled my on-board
sound. Most applications are happier when there's only one sound device
to choose from ;)

> I'm using the 1740_FC5 kernel on both machines.
>
> Does anyone else have an Audigy card and an x86_64 processor and can
> identify with this problem?

I'm using an audigy card on an nforce4 board in FC4 x86-64 without
problems.

Klaasjan