Nuisance antispam requests

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Dec 1 18:59:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 13:44 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> I don't run this list, but on lists that I do run, autoresponses to list
>> mail are grounds for summary expulsion from the list.  Particularly if
>> they are every-time and not one-time (I'll cut people some slack for
>> "vacation" as long as it doesn't repeat itself...)
>
> If we could find the subscriber who's subscribed email address
> eventually directs to the uol.com.br we could boot them.  Got any ideas?

Yes, but it is expensive processing wise. Set mailman's personalize options to
yes and add a custom footer that says something like this: "This message was
sent to %(user_delivered_to)s". It works really well but the trade-off is that
mailman now has to generate a custom message for each recipient, so processing
those messages requires a lot more CPU cycles than before. Not sure if it
is worth it or not. You could turn it on when you need to solve a particular
problem and then turn it off again.

Regards,

Tom