rawhide update report 2005-12-07: success

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 04:14:15 UTC 2005

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

>Just synced to today's rawhide and did a kyum update (after removing
>dbus-qt yesterday)  and have a successful update with *no* dependency
>problems.  There was an error/warning message from the selinux update
>that did not stop the processing.
>
>About to reboot with the new kernel to test the basic functionality.
>
>I did note that the current processing model removes older kernels. This
>is a changed sequence, was it noted anywhere that I missed the
>announcement?

installonlyn yum plugin from Jeremy Katz is included by default in the
current development tree. It shows that as a first line in the yum
output. The number of kernels it retains by default is 2 and is
configurable.  Related note: Anaconda also install only the kernel
appropriate for the system on the smp machines. Previous versions
installed smp kernel by default and also provided the up version as
fallback.

regards
Rahul