yum stopped at selinux

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 8 09:06:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 16:57 -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

> If I try to run "yum update" now it stops and lists lots of missing
> > dependencies.
> >
> Can you explain what you mean by "stops" - does it crash? freeze in
the
> middle of the update
> (and how long did you wait for it)? stop before the update due to
> unresolved dependencies
> (sounds like the last one). If so, what are the dependencies?

By "stops" I meant it got to the transaction check, listed about 20
unresolved dependencies and went back to the prompt.

I managed to get it working last night. When I queried the unresolved
dependencies (rpm -q), two versions were listed. So I set about removing
one of the versions. Some were easy (rpm -e) some weren't (rpm -e
--nodeps). Once I'd removed every one "yum update" appeared to work
normally after that.

Hopefully the package database will be OK now.

Thanks for your reply...