2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Dec 16 09:58:22 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 16.12.2005, 03:44 -0500 schrieb Dave Jones:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 02:51:57AM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
>  > To try and get a jump-start on testing 2.6.15, I've prepared
>  > packages for FC4 based on the current rawhide kernel.
>  >
>  > These are likely to change almost daily, and there's no
>  > guarantee how much longer 2.6.15 is going to be in -rc stage,
>  > so I'm going to hold off pushing these out as an official
>  > updates-testing release until a final 2.6.15 has been released.
>  > (Should a security errata be needed before then, I'll push out another
>  >  2.6.14 based release)
>  >
>  > http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC4/
>  >
>  > Please file bugs in bugzilla, rather than emailing me/this list about them.
>
> By popular demand, they're now yum-able too..

Thanks for your work -- kernel is running fine here.

But according to
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;h=86b86399d61d7237aab919f87867bd984dddaa25;hb=281ab031a8c9e5b593142eb4ec59a87faae8676a;f=Documentation/Changes

you need at least udev 071 to run 2.6.15 -- is that wrong or are we also
getting a updated udev in time for FC4 (currently we are at
udev-058-1.0.FC4.1)?

CU
thl