2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:53:28 UTC 2005

Many thanks for this development which will be very useful.
I am sure many will welcome the newer kernel moving into FC4.

I have a couple of questions:

Once 2.6.15 final is released and an FC4 package is prepared I presume
that this will provide native SATA drive support?
In that case does anyone know if the smarttools package with SATA
support will be available via either "-d sata",
or via the "-d ata" (libata) library ?

Perhaps this will be part of the dependencies needed when the 2.6.15
kernel is pushed to FC4 ?

Thanks
Mike

Dave JOnes wrote:

To try and get a jump-start on testing 2.6.15, I've prepared
packages for FC4 based on the current rawhide kernel.

These are likely to change almost daily, and there's no
guarantee how much longer 2.6.15 is going to be in -rc stage,
so I'm going to hold off pushing these out as an official
updates-testing release until a final 2.6.15 has been released.
(Should a security errata be needed before then, I'll push out another
 2.6.14 based release)

http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC4/

Please file bugs in bugzilla, rather than emailing me/this list about them.

		Dave

--

mike cohler