openoffice not finding java [re-request]

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 08:26:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 21:55 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 18.12.2005, 21:35 +0100 schrieb Roger Grosswiler:
> > Am Sonntag, den 18.12.2005, 13:56 +0100 schrieb Roger Grosswiler:
> > > hey there,
> > >
> > > my openoffice does no longer find it's java - but i seem to have
> > > installed it (in /usr/lib/...) can anybody tell me the appropriate path
> > > in Extras/Options/Java where your openoffice tries to access java?
> > >
> > > thx,
> > > roger
> > >

> > Could please somebody let me just know the path to java for openoffice?
> > Or did i misunderstand something?
> >
> > Roger
> >
> Please help, all i need is the path in ooo to the correct
> java-runtime...you find it in /extras/options/java

What are you trying to do, override OOo's autodetection to use Sun Java
with OpenOffice.org ? Or just the normal default gcj-using model ?

perhaps

> rm ~/.openoffice.org2.0/user/config/javasettings_Linux_x86.xml

and rerun openoffice.org to re auto-detect.

Otherwise, tools->options->openoffice.org->java and browse to the
directory above the lib (& bin) directory of the jvm you wish to
override autodetection to use.

C.