call for testing, dmraid in rawhide

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 18:29:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 17:49 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

> I get into the "blue" setup screen ok, entered language/keyboard
> settings, chose http install and enter suitable url for my mirror, it
> retrieves stage2.img ok, detects my ATI card, starts X, shows the
> "Fedora core" GUI wallpaper and then anaconda crashes
>
>           __init__.py line 530 in getvalid
> 	if isinstance(RaidDev, x) or isinstance(RaidSet,x)
>
> to save re-typing I've put a photo capture of the screen here
> http://adslpipe.co.uk/dmraid.jpg

OK, this particular bug should be fixed in tomorrow's rawhide.  I
haven't investigated if you'll see further issues yet.  I may get the
time today to try a setup with 2 independent raid devices on the same
two disks, but maybe not.  It's kind of a weird thing to do...  I'm not
sure which BIOSes support that configuration, and the box I've got with
AHCI I can't test on today.

Thanks for testing!

--
  Peter