Floppy Drive

James W. Bennett silverhead at comcast.net
Thu Dec 22 18:16:43 UTC 2005

Don Springall wrote:

> I think with today's update my system stopped detecting the floppy
> drive. No messages any longer in dmesg   detecting floppy. Nothing in
> /etc/fstab for it any more either.
> Kernel 2.6.15-rc5-git6
> udev-078-2
> hal-0.5.5.1-2.1

What Motherboard are you using? The reason I asked is I am using an ASUS
P5WD2 Premium and soon after I installed this motherboard  my floppy
quit working, and has never work since. I have purchases two new floppy
drives  and still don't work.  But it is not the fault of Linux but the
fault of ASUS. What I am saying is be sure it is not your hardware that
is failing.