Verifying rpms as root compared to user - missing files

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Dec 23 13:35:38 UTC 2005

After reinstalling a lot of packages that failed verification for
missing elements due to the earlier problem, the below rpms still show
missing (just two entries as root, many more as user, not visible to user)

missing     /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.12/chrome/overlayinfo/global/content
missing     /var/cache/foomatic

How would one get these two missing files installed? I tried several
options to rpm on the yum downloaded rpms. --replacefiles -replacepkgs,
totally removing and reinstalling the rpms. Removing the rpms, cheaning
the directories where the files live, but no luck.

Rpm verification as user sent me on a wild goose chase. (firestarter,
chrooted stuff and the like.)

Jim

--
Time sure flies when you don't know what you're doing.