Fluendo announces free MP3 audio decoding for GNU/Linux and Unix

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:28:54 UTC 2005

On 12/23/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-December/msg01094.html
> >
> > Alright, I see were it is still a problem.
> >
> > btw, I do agree that OGG is better, however my ipod doesn't and having
> > 10gb of mp3's for  my ipod and 10gb of ogg is wasting space on my drive
> ;)
> >
> > Oh well.
>
> Well just like you buy hardware that runs Linux you can buy hardware
> that supports Free formats and yes those are available. Just my 2 cents.
>

> --
> Rahul

Yep, only I bought the ipod back when they first came out before there were
any good free format players, if I could buy another one now, I would, but
I'm not  one to waste money ;)

Guess I'll give this a shot again, last time I installed it, the support for
other formats wasn't the best.

http://ipodlinux.org/Main_Page