call for testing, dmraid in rawhide

Andy Burns fedora-test at adslpipe.co.uk
Sat Dec 24 17:58:46 UTC 2005

Peter Jones wrote:

>>From a software raid setup.

there could have been remnants, I'll "dd if=/dev/zero" it next time

> I assume you mean you changed it to AHCI from RAID...

no, I was testing dmraid so I put it *into* RAID mode (I can't press
ctrl-I to get into the raid otherwise) it was in AHCI mode from a day or
two earlier when I was discussing with you a different issue with
software raid ...

> We currently have no way to tell if the BIOS is in "raid" mode or
> not.

ok, I'll bera that in mind

> I haven't been looking, since there's still much else that's
> more important to do in supporting dmraid fully.)

Yes, I can't say that I really want this machine to end up with dmraid
on it, I will most likely stick with software raid on machines that
don't have "proper" RAID, but I'm happy to help with testing ...

> It's really best if you actually go and "delete" the raid volume before
> turning raid off in the BIOS, or else we'll still see the raid when we
> probe the disks.

I did see that happen when I first installed

The last few days worth of rawhide haven't been bootable (even to get
into anaconda) for me, with or without raid, but I'll try dmraid again
once that is fixed

Thanks.