Today's attempted rawhide install

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sat Dec 24 19:48:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 19:19 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

> Didn't see any notice from buildsys at redhat.com today, but considering
> the date I can't say I expected one, Dave told me the bug was a bit
> puzzling but that he was looking at it,
>
> If you're feeling particularly brave/foolish you could risk
> http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/devel/RPMS.kernel/kernel-2.6.14-1.1784_FC5.i586.rpm
> which appears newer that yesterdays rawhide, but no idea what's in it

Well, i would try that kernel for the install (I am running the same one
via yum update without problems), but not sure how to go about it.  I
would replace the current rawhide kernel with the new one and run a yum
command to get the repo data/whatever in sync to do the install?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"