rawhide report: 20051226 changes

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Dec 27 19:22:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 08:18:22AM -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:
 > On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 03:12:56 -0500, Build System wrote:
 >
 > > kernel-2.6.14-1.1786_FC5
 > > ------------------------
 > > * Sun Dec 25 2005 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
 > > - 2.6.15-rc7
 > > - bah humbug.
 >
 > Is it just me, or has the last several kernel updates
 > (kernel-2.6.14-1.1771_FC5 is the oldest I still have installed) been
 > ignoring the quiet boot option?

Yes, it's deliberate.  During the test releases, the number of
times I have to walk people through removing the boot option
drove me nuts. (Some users take a little more hand-holding than
others, so it can really clutter up a bugzilla with a half dozen
repeated failed attempts to do what I asked).

Getting good quality debug info is more important at this
stage than aesthetics.  I'll disable that patch for the final
release.

(The same patch is also in the 2.6.15rc test updates for FC4 right now
 for the same reasons).

		Dave