Test kernel with Broadcom BCM43xx wireless support.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Dec 31 12:29:14 UTC 2005

I've built a test kernel with bcm43xx wireless support, from
http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/

It's a rawhide kernel but it installs and runs on FC4 with --nodeps

http://david.woodhou.se/kernel-2.6.14-1.1805_FC5.bcm43xx.ppc.rpm
http://david.woodhou.se/kernel-devel-2.6.14-1.1805_FC5.bcm43xx.ppc.rpm

It seems to work, with WEP, if I set the ESSID manually -- but only for
Legacy IP; not yet for IPv6 because there are multicast problems so it
doesn't see the router advertisement. And suspend/resume is known not to
work. But it's getting there, and it's already at the point where it
might be useful to some people, and could certainly do with some more
testing.

You need to fetch and use the 'fwcutter' tool to get the firmware into a
form which the kernel driver will be able to use -- see the README at
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/bcm43xx/trunk/fwcutter/README?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
and download from ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/bcm43xx/snapshots/fwcutter/

--
dwmw2