GFS modules not loading

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 18:12:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:48:59 -0600, Justin Conover
<justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to install GFS to learn/play with it and I'm not able to load
> the gfs module so I'm wondering what "I'm" missing:
>
> # yum --enablerepo=development -y install *\GFS\*2

which kernel are you running?

GFS-kernel package in rawhide right now only provides modules for   2.6.9-1.1047
and just for uniprocessor.  The kernel in rawhide at the moment is
2.6.10-1.1126_FC4.
The reason why its not working for you are obvious if you arent
running the 2.6.9-1.1047 kernel.

I really really hope people with experience packaging stand-alone
kernel modules are talking to the packager of the gfs kernel module in
rawhide about how to solve the issues of keeping the gfs module
packages in sync with the kernel package across kernel updates using
package management tools inside the distro.

-jef