system-config-lvm

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 03:58:57 UTC 2005

Barry K. Nathan wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 09:48:04AM +0930, Mark Bradbury wrote:
>
>>I noticed that Red Hat AS 4 has a rpm called system-config-lvm which
>>is a GUI for LVM2 is there any possibility of getting this into fedora
>>?
>

> It appears to be in fc-devel already, so it should be present in FC4
> once that comes out (at least, that's what I would expect).
>
> -Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>

I just downloaded it, then tried to launch it as root. I got this error.

system-config-lvm
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/system-config-lvm", line 131, in ?
     runFullGUI()
   File "/usr/sbin/system-config-lvm", line 116, in runFullGUI
     blvm = baselvm(glade_xml, app)
   File "/usr/sbin/system-config-lvm", line 70, in __init__
     self.volume_tab_view = Volume_Tab_View(glade_xml, self.lvmm,
self.main_win)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-lvm/Volume_Tab_View.py", line 131, in
__init__
     self.prepare_tree()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-lvm/Volume_Tab_View.py", line 203, in
prepare_tree
     vg_list = self.model_factory.query_VGs()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-lvm/lvm_model.py", line 314, in query_VGs
     result_string = rhpl.executil.execWithCapture("/sbin/lvm",arglist)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rhpl/executil.py", line 105,
in execWithCapture
     raise RuntimeError, command + " can not be run"
RuntimeError: /sbin/lvm can not be run

As regular user: - password requested - program starts to load, same as
it did for root. Then the same error as above is displayed in the terminal.

Up2date works, yum errors, so this might be a python error. The system
was upgraded via ftp on the 13th and is up2date with the latest rpms
that were available.

It is great that there wil be a GUI tool for lvm management. Does this
rawhide progrm work for anyone else, or is it a problem related to my
upgrade?

Jim