preferences - I don't get it

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 14:14:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 23:32 -0700, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> Is all the above just unfinished yet a version transition or some
> kind of an elaborate joke?  If this is a joke then I do not get it.

	Moving Applications -> Desktop Preferences to Desktop -> Preferences is
intentional and the result of much upstream discussion.

	However, any missing menu items or menu items that you feel shouldn't
be in the menu are probably just teething issues which you should log
against redhat-menus. Before you do so, though, make sure you have the
very latest gnome-menus and that the gnome-menus package isn't
installing any .menu or .directory files.

	Oh, and we shouldn't have Applications -> Other I don't think - that's
another bug for redhat-menus.

Cheers,
Mark.