FC4 for servers

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sun Feb 6 00:08:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 10:04 +1000, Res wrote:
> I tell you now this is the main reason I have been told never to install
> fedora ino ur data center, I a couple aging RH9 boxes left because they
> were true server instla setups, the rest looks ilke from your comments
> will continue to be slackware.

Not a very good argument, I think, since you can customize any distro to
be anything you want, really. I personally have a few Fedora servers on
trimmed minimal installs and I am quite happy with them. Most of what I
like to do to a new server to make it slim and secure is detailed here:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/barebones-server-howto.php

Not finished yet, but at least useful to some degree.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>