yum 2.1.13 in updates-testing

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sun Feb 6 16:37:40 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:12:46 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:

> You originally mentioned libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.0, now it's suddenly
> libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.2?

Yes, queried the older one of two packages and ignored yum cache. But from
the yum output in Phil's original posting, major 2 is what is referred to:

 --> Processing Dependency: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.2 for package: synaptic

> And BTW what happened to fedora.us' standpoint of avoiding snapshots
> like the devil (a good standpoint IMHO)? Not only from a packaging
> POV.

Have never seen that being documented or implemented anywhere. Have you?

With a classification of packages into stable/testing/unstable, nearly
everything was possible, and the package naming guidelines explicitly
covered a versioning scheme for pre-releases or snapshots.

Btw, this thread is about Fedora Extras, so we can get the naming right
and not refer to the old fedora.us domain name when we mean Fedora
Extras. ;)