What reads these clips

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Mon Feb 7 06:31:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
>   The biggest problem with some of the aforementioned technologies is
> not so much reverse engineering (though I hear the Sorenson codec was
> b**ch to figure out, which is why it took so long), but patents.

Does anyone know of any existing NTFS patent numbers?

I know of patent numbers for FAT and CIFS. I've never found an NTFS
patent though. And i've looked for years.

>   Nevertheless, the point is that, yes, Adaptec seems to have a clue
> when it comes to releasing GPLed drivers (not just specs) for their
> controllers.

It took adaptec something like 5-6 years to come to their senses. Most of
whats in aic7xxx was reverse engineered with little or no docs.

-Dan