cups upgrades

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Feb 9 22:59:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 12:50 +0000, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:

> Cups likes to destroy my local configuration, without a save of the old
> one, every time it's upgraded.
>
> I've fixed it temporarily with chattr +i, but is there a standard way
> for defining a definitive local configuration?
>
> Regards,
> Luciano Rocha
> --
> 4/11
> Hello Luciano,

     I agree with you.  It seems that each time CUPS is upgraded, I lose
my print configuration settings on my LAN.  I  am trying to find out how
to maintain those settings without losing them each time CUPS is
upgraded. The way I was able to find out about this (besides not being
able to print) was when I checked the cupsd.config file and saw that my
settings were gone.