Pan?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Tue Feb 15 10:40:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 23:41 -0500, William Hooper wrote:

> Check out the -devel list, the "rawhide report: 20050121" thread.

Thanks. I found it at last. It sounds like several others have the same
reservations about moving Pan to Extras --- is there *any* newsreader in
Core now which can browse yEnc encoded binary newsgroups?

> It's not going away, it's going to Extras.  Hopefully a lot of other stuff
> will join it.

Absolutely. I'm all for moving apps which provide duplicate
functionality to Extras. But in the case of Pan we're losing something
from Core which I think of as being pretty basic, i.e. a proper
newsreader.

Best, Darren