How to Automagically Download DVD iso

Aaron Scott scott.aaron at abc.net.au
Fri Feb 18 03:39:53 UTC 2005

There are tones of waysof doing it but why would you?  Just so you can
down load it before it is announced and then your down loads are slow
because every one is getting it? ;-)

You would first need to know the path to the file then guess that the
file name might be something like FC4*DVD*.iso and use ncftpget like
this:

ncftpget ftp://some/path/FC4*DVD*.iso.

I imagine that taking path to the FC3 DVD and substituting the number
"3" with "4" would be a good guess.

A cron job should be fine.  But it seems pretty pointless for something
that is just a beta any way :-)