Development tree packages that look older than fc3+updates

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:38:28 UTC 2005

I currently have an i386 rawhide 'workstation' install... and for
kicks i enabled the fc3 updates and fc3 base repos on that box( both
yum and up2date) just to see if any packages from the fc3 repos looked
'newer' than the development tree. I found 16 rawhide packages as of
today that look 'older' than their fc3 versions.  This is just an FYI
to anyone looking to upgrade from fc3 to rawhide(of fc4t1 when
available) using yum or up2date or cli rpm (I don't know about if
anaconda is affected).   Someone probably needs to do a full rawhide
install and try this again to get a full list of affected packages.
Ideally we would want all the rawhide packages to look 'newer' than
the fc3 version.  Can this be addressed before fc4t1 is excreted?

Affected packages as of feb 20 2005:
Omni
Omni-foomatic
dhcpv6_client
fedora-release  (this might be due to a change back to noarch)
gamin
gamin-devel
gamin-python (this one is a little touchy becuase of the switch to
py2.4 in rawhide)
hal-cups-utils
iiimf-gnome-im-switcher
iiimf-libs
iiimf-libs-devel
libpng
libpng-devel
libpng10
libpng10-devel
sysklogd

I'm also looking for a 'clever' way to test for this situation in
general, 'clever' meaning not having to do a full rawhide install to
do this sort of comparison. Anyone got any ideas?

-jef