exim default config question

Cream lists at donut.dk
Fri Feb 25 02:13:00 UTC 2005

isnt relay_to_domains = accept mail to domains on other servers? (ie.
NOT local domains, ie. NOT my domains)

domainlist local_domains = my.domain.net
domainlist relay_to_domains = my.friend.net

So i accept mails for my friend's domain, and when his server comes back
online, i pass them on to his server. (working as backup MX)

"domains for which your host is an incomming relay"

so the question remains, how is it supposed to verify recipients?

Im just asking because im trying to understand it, so no pressure.