kernel-2.6.10-1.1056_FC4 much better than post kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jan 1 03:21:26 UTC 2005

It is nice not to have to override shortcomings from test kernels post
kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3 until kernel-2.6.10-1.1056_FC4. I now can
shutdown the computer normally and do not have the shutdown from GUI
lockup that the -715 kernel version suffered.

Thanks for the resulting improvements.

On personal input, I think that this kernel and needed newer versioned
packages might be moved to test. The kernel should probably be
introduced into FC3 also, at least in testing.

Jim

--
Style may not be the answer, but at least it's a workable alternative.