new year, new test kernel.

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon Jan 3 19:00:49 UTC 2005

I have a Dell 600m laptop. When I try the test kernel, it detects my
ipw2100 card, but can't find the firmware. I am thinking I need to
update something else so I can hotplug firmware during boot?

This laptop has an ATI radeon chipset. There is a patch I have used that
lets me use S3 suspend and resume. This kernel doesn't reset the ATI
video card so video doesn't resume. I have lost track of boot options
for this and x.org fixes. Anyone have any advice on how to get this
working again? Can I do it without rebuilding the kernel?

I am using FC2 with the test kernel.

Philip