New testing kernel. 2.6.10-1.727_FC3

Fulko Hew fhew3 at cogeco.ca
Wed Jan 5 22:37:22 UTC 2005

Douglas Furlong wrote:

>I am still having a problem when trying to use my cd/dvd burner in my
>laptop.
>
>When I put a CD in the drive, and try to access it I get the following
>messages in dmesg before what appears to be a fairly solid lockup (but
>it could just be the system being tied up for a long time on IO waits).
>
>hdc: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
>hdc: packet command error: error=0x50
>ide: failed opcode was 100
>hdc: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
>hdc: packet command error: error=0x50
>ide: failed opcode was 100
>
>I know there is a bugzilla entry for this but for the life of me I can't
>find it.
>
>I did get some other errors, but the system locked up before I was able
>to echo them to a file

Is this CD, a CD you also burned on recently on this machine?
If so, do you know if the CD was written correctly?
Have you tried this on another machine?

These errors are similar, if not related, to my problem that
started with kernel 2.6.9, where...

I can no longer burn CDs successfully, and
when reading them I get that same error.

(my Bugzilla # 141884)