Problems reading and writing C/Ds and DVDs on FC3

gslink gslink at one.net
Thu Jan 6 15:54:11 UTC 2005

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:28:27AM -0500, gslink wrote:
>
>>with bugs.  There is a bug which sometimes prevents ejecting the CD and
>>when this happens you must force the CD out and reboot. You know there
>>is trouble because the CD mounts but no icon appears on the desktop.
>

> That is a hal bug not a burning software bug. Kill haldaemon and it'll sort
> out. You can then restart haldaemon again.
>
> Basically hal leaks file handles and breaks stuff

Thank you!  It doesn't make any difference where the bug is if it keeps
your program from running.

When are you going to fix it?  I suspect that some other problems with
xcdroast are caused by the hal bug and not xcdroast but I haven't had
time to trace and won't until I get the Java bug under control.