FC 3 and Kernel Lock or Hang

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jan 8 01:45:24 UTC 2005

Tom Browder wrote:
> [...]

To get the rawhide versions and any deps that might be associated with
xorg-x11, you might add the development repository to up2date, yum or
any other program used to retrieve updates. After getting the xorg-x11
and associated programs ,you can comment out the development repo.

I'm running xorg-x11-6.8.1.901-1 that I believe was pulled from rawhide
using up2date via the gui. I am not having problems with this version.

Like anything, it depends on your hardware. Finding out what lspci says
that you have as hardware might be helpful and might get people with
similar hardware an idea for a solution.

You might ask this question with hardware information and what is
working and not working on fedora-list. There is a bigger pool of people
on the user list and probably a higher chance that someone might know
how to go through resolving your issues with this problem that you have
using FC3.

Jim