An Idea for FC4

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:02:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:48:55 +0000, Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:
> Actually I forgot to say that you also need TCP port 631 to be open on
> the client I think.

I think its the client.  I saw this behavior too at one point, poked a
tcp:631 hole on the firewalls of the clients and I can print from one
fc3 desktop to the other fc3 desktop on the lan.  Would it be possible
to add a ui hook into system-config-printers to poke that hole along
with making 'remote printing' a pre-defined item in
system-config-securitylevel's trust services list?

-jef