NetworkManager ( & bind)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jan 13 21:45:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 10:45 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 09:31 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> > NetworkManager's RPM says "It is intended only for the desktop use-case,
> > and is not intended for usage on servers.", yet it is installed by
> > default in the "Base" group (which means going forward bind and
> > caching-nameserver will also be installed by default).  I don't need
> > this if I'm building a firewall or server (it actually gets in the way
> > of configuring bind).
>
> I believe I was in error adding the caching-nameserver dep, I'll remove
> that and push another update.

I actually appear to be wrong on this one, we _do_ need caching-
nameserver from what Colin Walters says, since some of the configuration
for named is stored in the config files /other/ than the main one (ie
reverse DNS info he said?).  It seems to be a packaging issue for
caching-nameserver more or less.

Dan