FC3 can no longer successfully burn CDs]

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun Jan 16 16:56:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 11:54:25AM -0500, Fulko Hew wrote:
> And remember, this CD burn problem _is_   kernel specific.
> I will do tests later today with older kernels and this 20 minute
> timeout issue
> and report back.

Yes. My guess at the moment is something involving acpi or the cpu frequency
daemon (acpi=off being one test to do). The reason for this is that when the
CPU changes speed it has to disconnect from the system busses and reconnect.
Thats a complex process and there are chip errata (and also maybe software
bugs of course) in this area which might foul up a current DMA transfer.

Alan