fc3 update dovecot 0.99.13-2.FC3 breaks INBOX

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jan 16 16:56:22 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 11:52:36AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 09:43 -0300, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> > Em Sáb, 2005-01-15 às 14:40 +0100, shrek-m at gmx.de escreveu:
> > > you should remove the last dovecot update immediately.
> > > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/dovecot-0.99.13-2.FC3.i386.rpm
> >
> > Dovecot 1.00 from ATRpms is bad too. I lost one week of work because of
> > it :-) I already asked for Axel to remove it, and didn't updated my
> > system again since that.
>
> there  is no final dovecot 1.00 from the upstream author. There are only
> test releases. Some of the test releases have had some serious bugs in
> them, this is why they're test releases.

Which is why they are in a repo called "bleeding" and labeled
accordingly :)

Anyway to do justice to dovecot 1.0, it does seem rock stable in my
test installation. But I've only been following 1.0-test for a few
months, so it may have been bleeding, indeed :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net