yum update problems

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jan 22 22:44:42 UTC 2005

On Saturday 22 January 2005 17:18, Paul wrote:

> > Did you never have a problem with python?
> > It seemed to me that rawhide python and yum
> > were incompatible for a time recently.
>
> There was a python problem with 2.4, but it wasn't really a show stopper
> and you didn't need to exclude them.

Well, it was a show stopper in my case,
as "yum update" threw up python errors,
until a new version of yum was provided which got round
what seemed to me to be bugs in python.

I'm not sure what you mean by "exclude them".
It was too late to exclude anything by the time the problem became apparent.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366