How do I debug/troubleshoot a crashing system ?

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Fri Jan 28 17:47:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 13:41 -0300, an anonymous guy wrote:
> > I found the problem the other day: I was running ndiswrapper with a
> > kernel using a 4K stack.
>
> You're recompiled it, or just grabbed one from somewhere?

I rebuilt it.  I did so with 2.6.10-1.753.  I used all the stock
settings except for the kernel stack size.  I wrote up the procedure in
case I ever had to do it again.  Let me know if you need it.

> ndiswrapper also complains about spinlock debug enabled. Did you changed
> that?

I did not see that warning in the build messages, so no, I left it
alone.  The NVidia driver also complains about kernel settings,
specifically the video frame buffer.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.