openoffice

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 19:23:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 18:40 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > I think openoffice.org-i18n needs to be broken up or a script included
> > > to remove unwanted languages.
> >
> > The language-specific files in the i18n RPM _are_ tagged with their
> > respective language (using %lang specfile directive) so you can
> > theoretically set some RPM macro and only install what you really want.
>
> Which is nice.
>
> Any chance of OOo 2 (beta) being brought into testing. It really is
> fantastic!

More than likely, but remember that the OOo 2.0 ship date is currently
"April/May", and the freeze for FC4 is May 2nd at this time.  Red Hat
has been burned in the past by shipping non-final software with a
release (even though it had been worked on/tested for a while
beforehand), so its unlikely that a non-final OOo 2.0 would make it into
FC4.  We'll have to see.  IF 2.0 were pushed to Rawhide, and IF 2.0
didn't make final before the freeze for FC4, then it would probably get
pulled before FC4 went live and the package reverted to 1.1.4.  Its all
kind of "wait and see" at this point.

Dan