openoffice

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Jan 30 11:15:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 18:10 -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > IF 2.0 were pushed to Rawhide, and IF 2.0 didn't make final before
> > the freeze for FC4, then it would probably get pulled before FC4
> > went live and the package reverted to 1.1.4.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to have it in rawhide, ship whatever
> nearly-there 2.0ish release at the freeze date, with an update to be
> released as soon as it goes final?  Upgrading form 1.1.4 to 2.0 within
> a release might be a bit too much...

I like this option.  As someone who installs the beta of OOo-2.x I would
much prefer to see OOo-2.x in FC4 (because it's better) than OOo.1-x.

As I see it, given that FC is a download only distro, I'm all for the
occasional inclusion of pre-release software.  If you want totally
solid, you shouldn't be using FC (IMHO).

Rodd
--
>From the pain come the dream
>From the dream come the vision