FC3 dell server freezes after Upgrade to FC3 - Assertion failure in log_do_checkpoint()

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Jan 31 07:55:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

I recently upgraded a Dell Poweredge 1750 from FC1 to FC3. The system
runs very fine with FC1, but we had to upgrade for some special reasons.

I had the feeling, that the system is somwhow slower and the load is
mutch higher. But beside that the server freezes on Jan. 29. And I have
this last entry in /var/log/messages:

Jan 29 11:39:44 mail kernel: Assertion failure in log_do_checkpoint() at
fs/jbd/checkpoint.c:361: "drop_count != 0 || cleanup_ret != 0"

I've been googling arround, but found nothing that was helping me.

Do you have any ideas?

System is FC3 with latest updates, kernel 2.6.10-1.741_FC3smp.

Regards

Götz Reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke