openoffice

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Jan 31 09:32:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 21:18 -0800, Don Russell wrote:
> Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
> > Significant testing means putting OOo-2.x into rawhide so people can
> > (and will) bang on it with whatever they use to bang things. ;-]
> > Without it's inclusion it rawhide it's going to be really hard to know
> > whether it's up to snuff, but given that it's due for final release
> > around the same time as FC4 it should be pretty good.
>
> OK... I have no objection to putting it into rawhide...

On the OpenOffice.org2 topic
- I'd like 2.0 for FC4
- A little status update, Java became a build-time requirement to create
the help-documentation for 2.0, and lots of extra components are in
java, so rather than continue to find workarounds by disabling java
bits, I expended my time building it with gcj, which is now possible and
upstreamed for essential bits. Similiarly hauling around a seperate copy
of mozilla, python et al within OOo didn't seem too appealing,
http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/progress/progress.png
- I'll make some basic x86 rawhide rpms available from
http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/openoffice.org2 tomorrow, and sometime
during the week ppc arch and the seperate language packs, if its not
totally cocked up then perhaps we can think about rawhide :-)

C.