Up2date Error

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Mon Jul 4 02:31:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

      I just installed Fedora Core 4 on my desktop and noticed that the
Up2date icon on the toolbar  will show the check mark without indicating
whether there are updates available.  I have already installed Fedora
Core 4 on my laptop as well and you can never tell whether updates are
available or not.  The only way you would know for sure is when I try to
update the system through yum.  Is this a bug with Up2date and if it is,
can this error be corrected?  any help would be appreciated.

Jeff