Rebuilding kdemultimedia w/ JuK

Gregory Hayes syncomm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:05:24 UTC 2005

I understand that kdemultimedia needs to be rebuilt in order to build
JuK, however with the most recent src.rpms I am running into trouble:

1. If I edit the spec and enable JuK (and nothing else) rpmbuild dies
building JuK with:

playlistitem.h:164: error: expected `)' before '*' token

(possibly GCC/G++ 4.x constraint?)

2. If I try "CXX=g++32 CC=gcc32 rpmbuild -ba kdemultimedia.spec", it
always complains that the compiler (gcc32) can't create executables.

(Is one of the patches applied by the spec causing this??)

3. If I turn on mpeglib and d/l the tar.bz2 from the url in the spec,
the same result happens if I try example 1 or 2.

Has anyone been able to build JuK with the most recent packages. I did
have it working with kdemultimedia 3.4.0, but all I remember doing
then was rebuilding the src.rpm, things seem to be much more difficult
now ;)

Thanks in advance!

Greg
-