FC4/Evolution->Contacts->Ldap Servers

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Thu Jul 7 18:21:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:54:49AM -0500, Bill Petersen wrote:
> I am trying to use Evolution for the first time, but don't seem to be
> making much progress.

I gave up on Evolution and LDAP a long ago. It's not clear what exactly
it ends up searching on the LDAP server. The sure thing is that the
search always returns nothing. Maybe it looks up your personal contacts,
like a network version of the local contacts? That would be of little
use, because most people will want to search DIRECTORIES, not contact
lists. In Evolution's defence, though, AFAIR it only mentions contacts,
never directories.

Mozilla and derivatives got this always right, since at least the days
when dinosaurs still roamed this planet.

--
Rudi