desktop share icons / gnome-vfs

Brian C. Huffman huffman at graze.net
Mon Jul 11 20:34:20 UTC 2005

All,

What exactly is the correctly technical way to describe the share icons that are
created on your desktop by the "Connect to Server" menu option?  Is this part of
gnome-vfs?

I have a smb share setup as an icon on my desktop (presumably through
nautilus-connect-server), but some programs see it and some don't.  For example,
I am using gtkpod to load files onto my ipod, and when I try to import files, it
doesn't see this share.  Other programs that use the gtk chooser *do* see it.

Any assistance?

Thanks,
Brian