tips on reporting OOo bugs

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 14:20:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

> G) if it happens with a particular document, attach the document. If you
> can, delete the parts of the document down to the smallest test case
> that reproduces the problem. "Scroll to page 912 and the graphic is
> misplaced" is way less appealing than having a one page example.

While I'd totally agree with this, there are times that it's a memory
allocation problem which causes the problem and it needs to be on page
912 before you see it. I remember when I was involved in getting the 0.9
release out of the door there were times when this sort of problem
occured and you needed a (sometimes) huge document before you saw it.

> H) if you think there is something wrong with what is being displayed,
> attach a screenshot. I might not understand your description. e.g.
> "formula font is wrong", is it the font used in the text area for
> editing the formula, or is it the font used to display the formula. Did
> you mean the math editor, or did you actually mean formulas in calc.

Yes, that one caught me as well before now ;-)

TTFN

Paul

--
"The city of Washington was built on a stagnant swamp some 200 years ago
and very little has changed; it stank then and it stinks now. Only