Problem With Alsa Mixer

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sun Jul 17 11:29:56 UTC 2005

Hello,

     I am having a problem with the Alsa mixer on both my desktop and
laptop.  Each time I make the adjustments to the sound, the sound
settings do not hold upon reboot.  I have an Intel 82801CA-ICH3 device
on my laptop and an Ensoniq 5880 sound card on my desktop and the sound
will not hold upon reboot, that is, I have to keep readjusting the
settings in order to get sound.  In fact, I am running the Gnome desktop
environment and I can see the sound icon on the toolbar with a small
"x"drawn through it.  Is this a known bug or is there a way that this
can be fixed?  Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff