More on FC4-64 on Asus P5GD1

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Jul 17 17:29:33 UTC 2005

Typing garbage to the boot prompt does indeed get past the
panic on loading.

The graphical installation stalls with a blank screen.

The text installation worked, sort of.  Disk Druid
didn't offer to put the boot on the MBR of the
boot HD (SATA).  So booting fails with a grub error.

Fortunately Windows install CD just works and I was able to restore
the MBR to boot Windows using rescue mode.

So now I have FC4 64 installed with no obvious way to
get to it.

Video card is an ATI built AIW X600.
--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665