Problem With Maintaining Sound Settings In Alsa Mixer

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Mon Jul 18 13:14:54 UTC 2005

Hello,

     I am having problems with maintaining the volume settings in the
Alsa Mixer.  I checked the /etc/modprobe.config file and I am not sure
what sort of changes I need to make to hold the settings for sound.  In
fact, every time I reboot the computer, the icon on the toolbar shows
that the sound has been turned off and I have to slide the sound bar all
the way to the "up" position to hear sound. What sort of corrections, if
any, do I have make to the /etc/modprobe.config file in order to
maintain my settings?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff